Saturday, July 18, 2009

Utilizing another 50 bucks


(project/area description of the children's origin that Mui Qoon and I are currently sponsoring)

You read it right... that's the commitment we've (Mui Qoon and I) made to sponsor another child from Vietnam this year along with the great effort by World Vision. Didn't mention much about the child we'd begin sponsoring last year due to... ain't too sure if we are that much committed. But now, we're sure we are!~

I mean, come on... so many around us who's still suffering from hunger and starvation. Looking back into ourselves, we are lucky enough because we need not suffer the hunger. Yet, we neglect the importance of food, especially to those who are less fortunate.

We are feeding ourselves with so many fancy food and beverages which sometimes, we are not able to consume them all. Hence, leaving the leftover aside, pay the bill and leave. Just a simple calculation, for all these 'yam-chaR' activity, I do think that I can easily spend an amount of about 10 bucks to 20 bucks for a glass of drink and some finger food - that's for me alone. Now, if I'm meeting up with several friends, let say if I'm generous enough, I can easily spend about 40 to 50 bucks on the bill - for just one meet up.

Well, honestly, I'd even spent about 60 to 70 bucks for a meal of two persons. And I paid up the bill for such kind of meal at least twice a month. Therefore, I don't think that it's torturing (vocab is not good enough to find another word to describe :P) to pay up 50 bucks monthly to sponsor a child which may help in many other ways.

I may not be able to contribute my time and physical effort to help them, at least, with that limited figure, it means something to these children.

To make a more obvious comparison?

50 bucks monthly for a child vs. 50 bucks per meal for myself

A better picture now perhaps? ^^

Just in case for those who would like to find out more about the child sponsoring program, do drop by at these websites
http://www.worldvision.org/