Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Be positive

The first thing upon switching on the radio, television, flipping newspapers and social media, there are probably 60% and above of negative news. Natural disasters, accidents, kidnapping, robberies, abuse and the list goes on forever. While many of us are complicating our life with 1001 problems and issues, they are many out there who face only one challenge, the struggle to live. All that they need is food and shelter. They did not chose to be who they are, but they strive to live. What about us? What about me? 

I've been reading so many self motivating books all this while. And kept reminding myself to think positively. Now that I think about it, why is it so hard for me to be positive? Answers to my questions, are as much as excuses I could give. Life is hard, the world is never peaceful, life has never been fair and on and on. Therefore, I need to have positive mindset, positive conversation, positive people around me and the list goes on forever again.

Come to think about those who have the least, as little as not having enough food to fulfil their daily needs. As far as I'm concerned, I have not come across any article or news that reports on the need for the less fortunate to think positively in order to survive. All that they do is to act to survive. 

Conclusion, sometimes, it's not the thought that counts. Actions matter.

No comments: