Saturday, May 17, 2008

Say my prayers

It has been almost a week now ever since the 512 incident - 7.8 earthquake in Sichuan, China. My mind goes blank each time I read over the news, listening or watching the news. Up to this day, I heard of stories about missing family and friends. Then, how a grandma tried to protect her pair of grandsons when the earthquake took place and she lost her life there and then - her grandsons survived.

Also about mother who lost her beloved baby to the disaster.. she was seen carrying the little motionless dead body after the earthquake. As she embraced the body, she cleaned the face and body of the little darling and put on new clothes for the baby. That's the love of a mother.. barely having a chance to see the little one grows.. and at this time, I told myself.. I am grateful for I am alive.
However, there's one I can hardly forget.. one of the survivors found was given a saw to remove part of his rotting leg on his own. The surrounding has made it impossible for the rescuers to do that for him. I was astounded. What will I do if I'm in his shoes? I don't know and I don't even want to imagine.

As for today, I saw news of the new survivors.. and some, had eventually lost part of their body - hands and/or legs. We knew how critical it is when it comes to rescuing people.. though we are not one of the rescuers, but we've heard and watched enough for us to understand it.

Of all the incidents that took place, I must agree that Vice President Wen is a great man and he has set a very good example to the leaders of the rest of the world. Actions do speak louder than words! Leaders do not necessary contribute only his/her intelligence in thoughts and words.. actions count too.

Vice President Wen does not only send his order to his men to do their work.. in fact, he himself is involved with the rescuing work. This reminds me, one does not gain more respect because one is richer, smarter, more handsome or having a higher social status.. in fact, the respect can never be measured with such. Respect shall come when what a person does has at least touched ONE person's heart.

I'll say my prayers... to all those involved in this natural disaster - directly or indirectly.

Also, I wish to quote the Vice President of China - Wen JiaBao (溫家寶)


"...您幸运活下来、就好好的活下去"
("... you are lucky to have survived, you should go on living your life fully")

溫家寶 - Wen JiaBao (May, 2008)

No comments: