Thursday, August 21, 2008

Anti-corruption?

As early as eight this morning, I received a SMS from my dear brother. It was related to an anti-corruption act. Let's not discuss about the person involved. Anyway, the SMS goes like this - 'A' left behind a bag on a coffee table. 'B' and 'C' were sitting on the next table. They saw it, hence, went over to take a look. The bag turned out to contain a large sum of cash. And for all you know, 'B' and 'C' were under arrest on the spot when they open the bag 'out of their curiosity'.

Now, let's not talk about politic.

Let's further discuss about the anti-corruption bureau's action. Well, I really wish to know, will I be arrested when I was caught red-handed for opening a bag full of cash without knowing what's inside before hand? Can someone answer me?

For instance, if I am not suppose to open the bag up, then should I just leave it there? Grab hold on it and send it to the police station without any early inspection? Call the police and wait for the police officers to arrive before opening it? Or open it up and risking myself to be caught when I know nothing?

Let us take the option of sending the bag to the police station. Are we not suppose to open it up and figure it out what's inside before that? We'll definitely get a good kick if we're actually bringing a bag full of dust or rubbish to the police station. Or if I'm totally wrong, please correct me.. thank you ^^

Or.. to call up the police and wait for them to inspect what's in it? Erm.. hello.. I'm not talking about any country. I mean it, NOT ANY country. But.. do you actually see any police officers patrol on their foot instead of driving in their comfortable air-conditioned patrol car in... (fill in the blanks please).

So, we couldn't really stand at one particular place to wait and anticipating a police officer to pass by in order to inspect the bag. Again, we have to call. But, aren't we suppose to check on it before we call? Or, ACCORDING TO THE LAW, we are not suppose to touch the bag - at all?

Can someone guide me through this? I really wish to know more on the procedure. At least, we, the citizen know what went wrong when we encounter such situation and REALLY know what we are suppose to do.

No comments: