Tuesday, August 26, 2008

'Satisfaction NOT guaranteed'

It is the time of the year again! What is my greatest satisfaction for the time being? Well, life is one treasured 'item' which is 'satisfaction not guaranteed'. What I'm sure about is our parents tried their best to satisfy our needs throughout our life. That's how great parents can be.

As for me, I doubt if I could be a good parent myself. Not to mention about whether I'll be getting married. But, I doubt if I could be selfless and always making my children my first priority.

At most time, we were given such phrase 'satisfaction guaranteed' for buying an item or so. We can even ask for refund for any services or item we're not satisfied with. But with life.. NO NO. It is not 'satisfaction guaranteed' nor it is refundable.

Yes! We did not chose to come to this world. But our parents tried their best to satisfy not only our basic needs, but almost everything they could. And sometimes too much that it is causing one to be a spoilt-brat.

For all I know, parents did not owe me. In fact, I felt bad to see them suffer for me... yet, most of the sufferrings they endure were not made known to me.

It isn't world parents' day or mom's or dad's day today. But out of a sudden, I felt so grateful for having them around me up to this day. Though sometimes I felt annoyed. But that's human and what makes it a life - we sure do need spices in our lifes.

And we do not have to wait for world parents' day to show our gratitudes to them. It is a lifetime 'task' as a human to feel thankful. Because parents do not owe us anything... the only reason they are doing so much for us is all because they love us.

No comments: